Facebook Share

Pages

October 25, 2011

My Refinished Summer

I know my last post was quite some time ago, okay, 3 1/2 months ago...gulp. Right, well, I have been BUSY this summer, busy building and creating more furniture projects than I ever thought I would! All of this came about for 2 good reasons:

1. Moving into an unfurnished apartment
2. My Grandmother

About the same time I decided to move into my now lovely apartment, (which was unfurnished) I also had the task of helping clear out my Grandmother's house so we could sell it. After the family came in and went through everything, there was still a lot of furniture left over that no one wanted. Conveniently, it fell into my lap. Only one problem...it wasn't very cute. (no offense Grandma! ) So we decided we could turn something that was old, into something new again.

Here is a list of everything we refinished this summer:
  • A china cabinet
  • 2 medium sized dressers (the yellow & white stripe in previous post)
  • 1 Large dresser
  • 1 mirror
  • 1 bookshelf
  • 2 end tables
  • 1 coffee table
  • An art piece/sign


Yeah- I know you're telling me! Now you know why I was busy all summer!  I'll be posting the tutorials for the end tables, and work my way down the list so you can see everything I've done.

Here is a preview of what I have done.

Old China cabinet from my Grandmother, now a new TV stand/cabinet. Refinished the top, painted it turquoise, and decoupaged some sea charts on the panels.

Two Mexican/Mediterranian-Style end tables made in the 70's. We painted them white, then yellow, then white washed it. Then Decoupaged the floral patterned paper on the top and added a gold trim.

This bookshelf was in need of some serious TLC after spending 40 years in the sun with plants sitting on top of it. We sanded it, painted the outside a creamy white and the inside a soft blue color. Now it's full of ribbon on every shelf.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Megan! I LOVE the maps on your tv stand! I will definitely be copying that when we move to NJ.