Facebook Share

Pages

December 4, 2009

In 5,4,3,2,1...

On Tuesday I had the opportunity to be featured on the early morning news.  Cool Right? Let me start from the beginning...

About 2 months ago, I started teaching ballroom at an elementary school in south Provo called Spring Creek Elementary. I have 10 kids (5 boys 5 girls as luck would have it) and teach twice a week after school for about an hour. Even though the kids can be a handful sometimes, I enjoy it.  It's nice to be dancing still- even if it is just a little bit.

Anyway, Big Buddah on the Fox 13 Early show does a segment once a week and highlights a school in Utah. Well, this week they decided to highlight Spring Creek Elementary. And they wanted to do a short segment on the ballroom program- yipee! So for the last couple of weeks we have been preparing to be on TV. The kids were so excited- they say that they are "stars" now that they have been on TV!

So the interview went well, the kids did a great job on their dance, and everything was great. The only thing I didn't like -was how early it was! So just in case you weren't up at 6:08am on Wednesday morning here is the clip.


 


PS- My class is Performing Saturday, December 12 @ 12-1:30pm at Timpview High School. It will be Timpview High School's Christmas Concert with the elementary classes worked in between. It should be a great concert- Come and Watch!
There will also be a pancake breakfast with Santa before for anyone who wants to come!

4 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

I didn't know you had a blog! And have had one for a while, by the look of it.

How fun you guys were on tv! I was on the news once when I was little and totally thought it meant I would go on to game and fortune. I'm sure your kids are thinking the same thing :)

Kayla

Dean Catlin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan Judd said...

I know they really think they are stars- it's so cute!

Jess said...

Oh Megan, you are so cute! I miss you!