Facebook Share

Pages

June 25, 2010

Hair: Long Beautiful Hair

Recently, I have spent quite a bit of time researching hair. That's right hair. Don't ask, it's a long story, but it's all for a website I'm working on. I feel like I have been enlightened as to some lengths (no pun intended) that women go through just to have great hair. Spending thousands- literally $10,000-30,000 on their hair every year. Hours at the beauty parlor- literally like 6-8 hours in one setting (and that's once every six weeks). And then washing, crimping, styling, brushing their hair everyday for an hour or more.

And all of this just to have great hair! I'm getting worn out just talking about it. However, I do understand that your hair is part of what makes you who you are. Whether it's short, long, medium, brown, blond, red, purple, soft, angled, spiky, flirty, shiny, curly, wavy or straight- it's you. No wonder we have such emotional ties to it. And if you want a dramatic change- cut it, dye it, or style it a new way- whatever you want-it's a new you in just a few snips & washes.

With that in mind last Saturday I woke up and decided it was time for a change- so I cut 6 inches off! Yep- I wanted it short, light, airy, and flirty for the summer. I think I'm growing into it! :)

4 comments:

Janelle said...

your hair looks super cute!!!! i love it :)

Carrie Richins said...

You look so great! I love the new 'do, it's adorable! I'm kind of jealous... if it weren't for this blasted humidity I'd probably wear mine short. And straight, too, for that matter.

Oh well, I guess channeling Diana Ross all the time isn't all that bad. Except that I'm white...

Sarina Armstrong said...

I love your new hair cut! You look so cook!

Kristy Lynne said...

I love the rich color in your hair! So lovely with the new cut!